Post by Concept Devices on Aug 1, 2010 19:10:36 GMT
This is a little improv session from this afternoon, I have put it here in the public forum because I didnt want to crash Bens track below.
15 mins of a single sound from the Korg R3. I spent about 20 mins sorting the patch out prior to hitting the record button.
My plan was to try and start with a usuable unique sound and then tweak it to turn it into a processed drum sound, it worked quite well with the drum sound creating a quite ethnic rhythm then almost jazz snare syncopation and finally ending up as a clicky arpeggio with a chinese type cymbal sound. It gets a bit cheesey when the arpeggio kicks in but settles down again this is due to a failing on the R3's part not mine ;D, it is unable to keep a sound going when you start the arpeggio and you have to quickly retrigger the sound, if I had got a looper or something this would probably solve it.